November 08, 2014

today is my birthday and I'm riding high

as of November 4th I am officially the big 1-9. I bought those candles at target for myself, and then told my parents to put them in a 91 to be ironic and I love it. 
it was an awesome birthday, and best of all I didn't end up in the emergency room. (on my 18th birthday I did, my ovaries tried to kill me.)

I woke up to balloons on my ceiling, which I asked for but I acted surprised. truthfully I had insomnia almost all night so I was wide awake and faking slumber when my dad came in at like 4 in the morning to spread them around the room. and if I wasn't up, the smell of the latex definitely would have risen me from the dead.
we were up so early bc my sisters and I were going to the temple as per my birthday wish, and so my parents had to be up before us to set up all the decorations. 

When it comes to birthdays, I'm kind of a Leslie Knope, so it's a big deal. I go all out for birthdays and so I kind of expect the sun and moon on my birthday even though I try not to. So I figured that it was more important to me to tell my family exactly what my expectations were and what I wanted than to be surprised. but it was still fun (:

after the temple (which was packed by the way, we didn't even get into the font, we just did confirmations twice. on a Tuesday morning?) we had a french toast/waffle breakfast from magelby's, where I also got my cake from. that cake was 7 pounds. I'm not kidding we weighed it. It was so dense and rich the thing weighed as much as I did when I was born. just kidding I don't remember what that was but it'd be cool birthday symbolism. 

we ate birthday breakfast and watched 30 Rock and then my sisters went to school halfway through first period. I missed most of 30 Rock though because after eating I zonked out on the couch I was so tired from having like >4 hours of sleep. I woke up an hour or two later and had some birthday candy and called Shaylee over. We watched some Grey's before catching the northbound frontrunner.

We hit up the Gateway, bought some frilly panties at Vicky's, and then threw caution to the wind and saw Ouija. The only other guy in the theater must of hated us bc we were giggling and cussing the whole time. That guy really freaked us out later though because we swear he followed us to the bathroom   I wanted to call the authorities but then I imagined that phone call:
"Yes, Hello? 911? There is a creepy guy that followed us out of the theater and we just saw a horror movie so we're really freaked out, send backup." I honestly am still a little weirded out by that because what 40 year old man goes to see a Tuesday matinee of a horror movie by himself?

when we took the train back at 7pm it was already dark so we were both winded. When I got home my family sang to me, we had some cake, watched a little TV and I was in bed by 9pm.

so yeah, it was a successful day. especially considering how nervous I was about it since all of my friends are either at college or scattered about the globe on missions. 
thank goodness for Shaylee for going to UVU. thanks for helping my birthday rock, babe. I'd also like to thank my family, especially my parents, and the academy for my kickass 19th birthday. 

No comments: