September 06, 2008

What does it all mean in the grand shceme of things?

Today I wanted to go to walmart (I like walmart.) and buy chlothes. My dad gave me 60 dollars to buy some. At first I was phsyched! I mean, 60 dollars, mine for the spending?! How could it get more awesome?! Well, I had fun, I chose a couple outfits with Mary and Emilee, (Who weren't as happy as I was...) And when I finally went up to the resgister computer self checkout thingy, (after three hours) My total came to 82 dollars. I was sad to let go of a couple things I had bonded with, and then when I got rid of a couple things, I was a dollar off and had to lose my favorite shirt. So all I ended up with was two pairs of jeans, a jacket, and some underwear. Go figure. So, if 60 dollars isn't alot of money, what is? What does it all mean in the grand scheme of things? If I get 3 dollars a week in allowance, am I being ripped off or am I being treated fairly for even getting an allowance? It's so strange, I'm learning about careers at school, and, frankly, I'm afraid to grow up and have to... (Gulp)... Earn my money. It's so odd.

3 comments:

Lisa said...

Oh I HATE that when you have aaaalllmost enough for something and have to give it up. I wish there were Walmarts in Poland! Actually I like Target even better, but I'd take either one.

Sorry you didn't get a huge wardrobe with your sixty bucks.

chocolate! said...

so wha'd ya buy???

(emilee) said...

That is sad. All of those clothes were so cute! OM! this is so random, but i pulled one of my hairs out from the root, and measured it. It is more than a foot long! anyways....